The Trip Post Is Finally Here

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 00:37
ThreadID: 37962 Views:6989 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I tried to think of a fancy and funny way to do this but thought "bugger 'em" they can take it as it comes....so here it is:
We are in an 80 series duel fuel with a Black Wolf Turbo 300 tent
Bucky and Lynn have the Navara turbo diesel with the trakshak
Maz,phil and Jonty have the Sooby Forrester ULP with tents

Mon 7th Aug

Amy woke up @ 2.30am and was loud so she woke Kasey up about 45min later....There was no point trying to get them back to sleep for half and hour or so, so we got up and took our time having some toast and getting dressed and drove out of the drive way @ 4.30am...right on time so it was prob good they woke up early!!

The drive through Sydney was really good for Syd but it was still shocking.

Saw a white hilux i think from memory on the freeway to Newcastle with an EO sticker.

Visited "Nan and Barry" at Wingham and then got going 15 minutes down the road loaded with a chook and hot chippies and camped at Dawson River Caravan Park for the night at Taree

Tue 8th Aug

Did the rest of the drive to Surfers with a stop at the Big Rip-Off (formally known as the big banana) and to my suprise banana's were cheap at 50c each!!!

Wed 9th - Thur 10th

did the family thing for a while. Went to Natural Bridge in the Numinbah Valley and Kasey is very lucky to be going on the rest of the holiday after nearly being run over by a reversing ford....she was not tall enough for him to see her....see...."normal" cars are dangerous too!!!

Ordered meat (cryo) from a butcher wholesaler and it was done within 30min...big order...we polished off the last lot of sliced meat 2 days after we got home...over 5 weeks after order!!!

Fri 11th Aug

Drove to Goondiwindi for the night and decided a c'v'park would do it for the night. Got there about 3.30pm after a 9.30am start. Had lunch on the side of the road just past Warwick.

Sat 12th Aug

had a shocker of a pack up - nothing seemed to fit in its place but we got there!!

Drove through lots of "dodgy-ville's" today so didnt do too much stopping. Camped outside a station of some sort about 5km out of Brewarrina...we were so tired that we just couldnt go any further...

Tonight, over ther whole entire trip was the best night for stars. I have never seen it so clear....Wanaaring came very close though...

Sun 13th Aug

Drove to Bourke today and were gonna camp for the night. Filled up with LPG for the very last time and switched to ULP.Cos the girls were having a good day and it was only lunch time we kept going to Wanaaring where we finally started on the dirt!!!

They have had a bit of rain out here so the road was a little sloppy in some areas.

Camped at the shell servo at Wanaaring..Ben and Margaret...great people who do the mail run for the entire area out there - up to Qld and out a bit more....go through $1200 worth of Diesel a week!!Bugger that......the showers here are the Bomb!!! Bloody strong pressure and boy did it feel good... gave the girls an bath in the box...we had camped on a massive patch of clover...pretty impressive i thought for out there!

Mon 14th

Took time packing this morning cos the clothes were hanging over the fence to dry.Left just after 20am and headed for Tibooburra.

Road to Tib was pretty good - a little rutted and rocky and a few tiny washout that you'd expect after 2 1/2 '' of rain but we easily sat on 90kph and took just over 3hrs to do the 238km trip.

Walked around Tib after having lunch at the cafe. Massive rocks everywhere - its unbelieveable!!! Kasey found her fave rock - asked her if she wanted to take it home but she said that it wouldnt fit in ther pocket - not the fact that it was too heavy!!! She is a budding geologist hey!!!

Set up camp in the caravan park there and met up with Bucky and Lynn (now dubbed nanny Lynny) and Maz(now dubbed Jaffa),Phil 16 and Jonty 13. Sat around in camper-trailer-ville...there was a few clubs there....sunk a few coldies and then hit the sack early.

Tue 15th Aug

Today we drove to cameron corner - Im loving the dirt hey - cannt get any better until at the turn off for c'c we pulled over to have a quick break and found the radiator over flowing - just too full...but then after the 100th variety bash car passed us one finally stopped to see how we were seeing that the bonnet was still up....he lifted the side roller doors on his little beast and handed us a stack of pies and sausage rolls....went down well later!!!

Cameron corner was hillarious - nothing and then all of a sudden its there right in front of you on the other side of the fence! Did the terrorist thing with the camera and then got going....

then plan was to use the Bore track to Innamincka but after not seeing a sign for anything like it (only saw a house with a sign pointing that way for a B&B) we kept going plus we didnt really notice untill it would have been 30km too late to turn around and go back...

Stopped at the Yellow Bus and thought about camping there for the night but got going for a little further and found a wonderfull spot in the sand dunes.

The road so far has been great - snady and big woopies everywhere so we flagged up. Cooked up the pies etc and had some scones as well...

Wed 16th Aug

Had a serenade of Dingoes at 5am...Sunrise was a beauty...Got going at 9.30am again. We thought that Merty Merty was never going to come - were counting down on the Gps's and eventually got there and started to head north on the STRZELECKI CREEK TRACK....

What a wind storm / sand storm....The wind was insane!!! Stopped at one of the forst oil / Gas Rigs but could hardly get the door open into the wind so we got going...track was very sandy and because there had been rain few weeks before there was the odd mud puddle... It was just slow going espec cos of the wind...

Started to drive on "LAKE bleep LONGWEI"...bloody hell....it never ended!!!!

The trakshak had its irst casualty along here - the 2 spares came untied and fell off the roof!!!!

We eventually got to innamincka and filled up...sculled a massive drink of Fanta thinking it would quench my thirst cos the bore water just wasnt doing it!!!

Used the pay phone to ring the olds....Nathans mum asked me where I was and i said Innaminck...she said "WHAT, THE MAIN STREET???" I said "YEAH YOU COULD CALL IT THAT IF YOU LIKE!!! " If you've been there you'll know why I laughed my head of...."YEAH ITS THE MAIN STREET - ITS THE PUB AND AND SHOP" ....aaahhhhh if only the average person knew what was really out here!!!

Drove out towards the DIG tree with a stop at Burkes Grave.

The road out seemed to be the worst road in hell!!! We were all extremely tired so every bump just shook our brains to pieces....Maz all of a sudden called us up saying there was a funny noise under the car...we were in front so we turned around and went back thinking it was the exhaust.....IT WAS THE NUDGE BAR....fully stripped to pieces but still fixable....

Got to DIG tree camp at 4.30pm....longest day so far....7hrs for 280km!!!

The boys cooked up a "stinker" of a BAMBI STEW....no one was safe the next 3 days!!!

Thur 17th

Camping on Cooper Creek/DIG tree for another night so we walked up to the DIG tree and then after lunch we all had a chance for a dip in the freezing cold water!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!! It threatened rain on and off all day and there were a few spits f rain.......

Sat round the fire sunk a few coldies with coals under our bums

Fri 18th Aug

Packed up early and headed into Innamincka to fill up and start the 15 mile track - walkers track - birdsville track run to BIRDSVILLE.

The road into Innamincka wasnt as bad as what it seemed 2 days earlier...its amazing how good tracks can be when your awake!!

The girl in the trading post said that because of all the wind its really easy to lose where the track goes (15 mile) so just becareful......got prob 50km if that and lost the track....Bucky looked at his Gps and said "WE"RE OFF THE TRACK......BY 1 INCH"...the last bit made me feel a tonne better!!!!

Every 50km along this track the scenery changed....from sand to wild flowers then to dead forest.....

Found a few MUD PUDDLES that had to be tested!!!! what a shame - WE GOT COVERED IN RED MUD!!!!

eventually got to Walkers Crossing Track and had kunch at the memorial and follwed the odd sign which said BIRDSVILLE.....

Walkers is so full of Gibber its not funny and even if we were almost asleep we wouldnt have been able t set up camp so on we pushed.....

Longest day yet.....left camp at 9.30 - got to BV at 6.15...

HAD THE QUICKEST SET UP IN HISTORY....and headed to the pub for tea....I had to do it.....FISHERMANS BASKET IN THE DESERT!!!

Everyone met Ruth at BV Caravan Park except ME!! I stayed in the car with the gorls cos they were going insane.....SORRY I NEVER SAW YA RUTH....AT LEAST NATHAN DID!!!

Sat 19th

BIG RED DAY

took our time getting ready for the day and gradually headed out to BIG RED about 11am...Eastern side was a breeze to get up sat on top for a bit and no one as around - it was beautifull....

Dropped off the high point......so far Sooby is going well....Phil who has is L's is driving today.....

All go to the other side and played around getting up hard places letting others have a go...then there was the BIG BLUE 75 SERIES CHIPPED UP TO THE MAX WITH MACHO BOYS IN IT WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE UNSTOPABLE!!!

they had a go at getting up the high point but couldnt do it - after Nath stirred them up saying that if they have the turbo and the extra computer chip etc they'll do it easily!!! but they didnt.........they tried and they tried and tried some more but they just couldnt do it...but neither could we but we didnt let them see that!!

Then Phill jumps in the Sooby and gets up (his 6th go on chicken run but they hadnt seen the first 5 did they!!!)........YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THEIR FACES!!!! IT WAS A MASTERCARD MOMENT X 100!!!! They couldnt believe that they have this you-beaut of a 4b and couldt get up - yes they had tried chickedn run and couldnt do it.....and they see the sooby do it "FIRST TIME"...I reckon he's traded the beast in when he got home!!

We had been goven warning of a desert walker out at POEPPEL CORNER who had jack all water......I wonder if it was "MICHAEL" who put a post on here looking for a lift out there.....????

the 75 series had to watch us get up....the nav had got up first go....but this was second time out there.....then he got up and said see ya later....

there was a troopy who was there too - had no idea of tyre pressure for sand or how to drive in sand...espec backwards going down big red.....idiot almost rolled the thing he was going that fast!!!!

We ALL HAD ABOUT 19 PSI IN THE RUBBER

Hit the Bakery up for some tucker...

36 degrees today

Sun 20th Aug

DIVER REPLACES LAURA B

heres the story:

went to the working museum....only about 15 min into the thing i started to feel light headed and eventually things were looking a little on the fuzzy side of life....I thought "I NEED SOME FRESH AIR" but couldnt be rude by going out side not that I could be bothered anyway.....I put my hand on Nathans shoulder and said "IM GOING TO FAINT" (he thought Id siad "I FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO FAINT") and then DOWN I GO....Nathan had Amy on his back and couldn catch me so lucky that Bucky saw me looking like i was going down so he caught me along with another lady i didnt know.....ONCE I WAS ON THE GROUND I FELT 100%......I didnt want to open my eyes but eventually came good.....they really looked after me...kept making sure I was ok...Mate....Im a barnes...of course Im tuff...we only come in the tuff breed i say!!!

I told the lady behind the desk not to call the nurse but she did anyway....BP 105/70 - normal....SATS 100%...Pulse...79BPM....SUGAR LEVEL....a low 3.5.....all i need was food and a couple of cans of lemonade.....seeing that Im 15 weeks pregnant she said just to take it easy - yeah right !!

Lunch was a wuick stop at the bakery again and off we headed for Bedourie where we camped 20km north of the place.....

Mon 21st Aug

Packed up and headed to Boulia on a mainly tarred road which was a real change!!!

I am still feeling crap and so Im not driving today.....girls have been travelling good....well Kasey has...Amy is starting to protest every morning and refuses to get in and dit down the poor little girly (turned 1 on 2nd Aug)....

hit the Donohue Hwy and it was living up to its reputation as really dodgy....rutted rocky and just plain not comfy to ride......

Camped on the GEORGINA RIVER just out of GLENORMISTON STATION.....

THERE IS WATER!!!!! so we had a swim, did the washing and now we all feel like KINGS AND QUEENS......to our standard anyway!!!

Boys played cricket...and went for a shoot.....37 degrees today....

Girls cooked up a beef and chicken casserole in Lamb sauce....nice too!!!!HAHAHAHA...

Thinking of shooting...there aint much out there!!!

TUE 22nd Aug

9.30am - 28 degrees....

Donohue got worse then at the birder the PLENTY HWY kicks in and it doesnt come great straight away but it didnt take long for it!!!

Got to TOBERMOREY STATION for lunch and filled up...

A little further down the road SOOBY GOT A FLAT IN AN EXTREMELY SANDY SECTION.....must have been one hidden underneath and its got it....3'' SPLIT ON THE WALL.....Cooper ATT.....nothing wold have survived that rock i tell ya!!!!

sat on 90 - 10kph for the rest of the day until JERVOIS STATION

got to have a shower!!! very sandy leading up to JERVOIS STATION and also after it heading towards Alice....

WED 23rd Aug

got going about 10.30 today....headed towards alice through East MacDonnell Ranges....

had kunch at Atitjere community and got goin...

Took the first track to EMR called "CATTLEWATER PASS"....there was some hardish sections and the Sooby did so well...its amazing this little 4b that has jack all clearence can get through the stuff on that track...Nav towing did well too - just took her easy...

Evetually got to ALTUNGA RUINS and noticed that the Nav had a LEAKING DIESEL TANK....
Sunset was a beauty and the night was old compared to what we were used to!!

Thur 24th

Boys "fixed" the tank...got going around 11.30 to Alice and got there around 1pm i think....

THE DAY MAZ BECOMES JAFFA!!!!

had lunch at KFC...had to seeing that very time we saw cattle we'd call it Big Mac's or jnr burgers ...emu's were chooks....

Nathan and Bucky were going to take the Nav to find someone to fix it and so Lynn jumped in the 80 with me and we headed to the info centre...

All of a sudden we hear on the UHF that "MAZ"S CRASHED HER CAR"...."oh no"...so we turned around but a we were doing that we hear "AAAHHH(laughing) THEY'VE DRIVEN OFF"....what had happened was MAz reversed into a car OVER FULL of Koories and stopped to get out and do the insirance swap thing but one of the girls got out yelled domething at her, got back in the car and they took off!!!! THE CAR WAS A RED COMMADORE - HENCE JAFFA - Laugh if you wish!!

Camped at MACDONNELL RANGES HOLIDAY PARK.....its amazing that eveywhere you go so as soon as you say your needing a non powered site they shuv ya up the back and treat ya like dirt....even though we were always covered in the stuff its still not fair!!!

I DID AN EMBARRASSING THING....seeing that its been a while since a flush toilet i had a BLONDE MOMENT and flushed beofre I sat down.....had to go to another toilee just in case someone thought i as doing a bit of a doozy!!!!

I WONDER WHERE THE ALICE WAS MADE???

Fri 25th Aug

Had a wonderful day of doing nothing while the boys got the tank fixed and back on...just what we all needed!!!

Sat 26th Aug thought that seeing that the boys did nothing but play with cars fr the day , another day doing jack all was righ tup our alley....
sis the trrorist thing like Anzac Hill and drove out to Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm....ABSOLUTLEY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

couldnt believe that the cultural precinct was seen to be run by "Whitees".....

Sunday 27th Aug

SAID GOODBYE TO BUCKY,LYNN,MAZ,PHIL AND JONTY...they were heading for chambers pillar etc and down south from there...had to be home in 10 days i think bt we still had up to nearly 3 weeks left....

headed to RED BANK GORGE for camp set up and IT RAINED ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Road was rocky and very corrigated out here.....

Mon 28th Aug

Packed up in the rain after we started in the 'not raining' time of the morning....day turned out to be pretty good believe it or not!!!

Road conditions got worse and saw so many hire cars on the side of the road going extremeley slow!!! there was no comfy speed for any of it but we just plowed our way through the mess...road wasnt affected by the rain muc thank God!!!

stopped at Albert Namajira's house...

Filled up at Hermannsberg and headed into Palm Valley - great scenery to drive through.....

met some "gery nomads" at the end of the actual track who were grey nomads through and through - she just said that one day she would be one of them...i thought she was already there!!!!keep dreaming girl...OUR NEW NAME FOR THEM IS THE BLUE RINSED GYPIES

had a nice shower but just wasnt hot enough....got washing done though..

got the girlies to bed who have been doing really well with all the travelling and had a dingo give us a visit for a while.....

Tue 29th Aug

Got up nd were going about 10.30 after chattin to a couple from adelaide in a 2lt hilux.....they were going to do BOGGY HOLE....

Got to KINGS CANYON for lunch and did the walk in ..... kasey is a very fit girl!!!

Headed to KINGS CREEK STATION for camp

Caught up with the couple from adelaide - took them 3 hrs to do B'H...very deep sand and very rocky they said - never again!!!

Wed 30th Aug

Kasey was so exited about going on a CAMEL RIDE but got there and she changed her mind!!! so we struggled but we through her in the helicopter for a little ride....ww3 started hey!!! once the engine was oing she stopped the fighting and kicking.....

Once that was over she loved the idea of a camel ride...so back we went again...my second ride...i went for one the first time anyway just to show her its not that bad....his name was Lofty and KAsey just Loves him now!!!! we ad to go back3 times that day for visits!!!!

had a lazy arvo!!!

Thur 31st Aug

Drove to Yulara this morning.......ULURU...what a sie when our driving up to it hey!!! it just blows you away how big it really is!!!!

Before I even had the gorls out of the car Nathan was off ready to walk up the top...and he did it....HE RANG HIS MUM AND DAD FROM THE TOP OF ULURU!!!!

he took some great photos from the top!!!

camped at the camping grounds in the resort there...rip off as with everything there!!!!

went to Outback Pioneer Hotel Bough House for DinDins and boy was that a feed or what....croc stirfry,smoked emu (my fave), cajan roo...

Fri 1st Spt

drove out to the olga's today (KATA TJUTA) and did the walk to the first lookout bit...kasey is fit hey!!! Really need to appreciated these rocks from a distance and not up close....

Went and did the Mala Walk at Uluru...

Did shopping and ordered a pizza for dinner to take out to the sunset and $26 was $26 too much for that crap we got!!! Pizza haven do a better job!!!! plus you get more slices!!!

sunset was good ut i swear that all those really good photos that you see are enhanced!!!

bring back the bush tomorrow!!!!

Sat 2nd Spt

Quick pack up this morning and drove towards ERLDUNDA....i reckon the newest caravan along that stretch of road had to have been 20 yrs old...they wer everywhere!!!!

Had lunch then headed down the STUART SHY to KULGERA and headed towards FINKE.....camped not quite half way.....

Set up camp again in rocks and burr....poor Amy - she just wants to crawl around and she just cannt!!!

saw our first snake - hanging out of an eagles mouth!!

kulgera - finke road so far so good....

sun didnt set for yonks and its really hot tonight

Sun 3rd

got cold about 3am finally when the wind picked up....

had THE wuickest pack up in history!!! nathan up at 7am ...us girles up 7.30 on the road at 8.30!!! that with breaky and the girls being very well behaved!!!

Visited Lambert centre...slow 12km in though!!!!

Forgot it was sunday and that finke had no fuel available so on we pushed t MT DARE and yep we were empty but didnt need t switch to LPG....

Filled up and had lunch...IAN AND PAT and everyone have the hottest sausage rolls this planet can ut out i think!!!!

Kasey and Amy had a wonderful time playing with little 10 month old Charlotte who thought it was great seeing little people!!!I didnt have the camera with me so check out ians web site Im sure he'll have some on there of the girls playing together...

Have you been there?? Seen mel's painting of slim Dusty - what a beautiful jb she has done!!!

The road to here was prett rough going but ok...

headed to DALHOUSIE and the road was chronic!!!! It was sandy , corrigated, extremeley large rocks everywhere - just not fun!!

Visited DALHOUSIE RUINS....then got to set up camp at the spring.....

didnt go in until dinner was cooking and it was getting dark...

Water was divine as it always is....felt so clean afterwards too!!!!

Mozzies like mad and poor Kasey had scars from them for over a week...they evengot her through her flanny pj's!!!

Spoke to an Old guy who's been travelling around by himself for who knows how long and was heading on to the simpson to BV.....

Mon 4th spt

nathan helod the old guy fix a tyre and then we headed off towards OODNADATTA.

TRACK FROM DALHOUSIE _ HAMILTON STATION was insanely bad.....very slow going and low tyre pressure....it was extremely corrigated and rocky...After hamilton the track came good with about 22km of big WOOPIES!!!!!

Got to OOD for lunch....thanks to BOBSY AND SUE for the paraderm ream for Kaseys mozzzie bites!!!!

Drove a little outta town and decided to camp at NORTH CREEK on the other side of the bridge there....

THE WAYWARD SURVEYOR STORY:

had just turned the car off and had the UHF on ch 7....heard a guy telling some lady that he needed to get tugged out of a salt pan that he was severley bogged in and that the other guy was a few hrs away and that he was at HANNS CREEk which is only 5 km down the track from us.......

so we called him up and got his gps co-ords and took an hr but we tracked him down.....HE WAS REALLY STUCK!!! what happened was that he slipped a wheel over the edge and the whole car basically fell into it and he was wedged front and back!!!

The high lify jack was doing jack all and so the 80 came in handy for ome real work!!! tugged him out easily....

Got back to amp and then set up.....its had been about 3 hrs since e first stopped at North creek but ow this time we were really setting up!!

the guy (jeremy) said he'd bring back a case a beer for nathan but we said not to worry - we had a ball doing it....really tempted to say "BRING BACK A BLOCK OF CHOCY" - really hanging for some!!!

Tue 5th spt

ad another god pack up today...

OODNADATTA TRACK SHOULD BE CALLED THE OODNADATTA HWY!!!!

stopped at lots of the ruins along the way...kasey loves looking at the "old houses"

Stopped at the OPTRS (Old peake telegraph repeater station)....track in was very slow going but we preseverred!!!

Got to WILLIAM CREEK.........filled up and headed for LAKE EYRE....BAD MOVE!!!!

it was 44 degrees out there today...windy , all the flies in oz were having a bleep the barnes family off conference too!!!

This is the most dry and arid place this world has i think and i wish we never camped there....

Wed 6th spt

It blew an absolute gale lat night.....3 other cars out there from the S.A Holden 4wd club...one pulled their tent down , the other busted all its zippers and the other was ok i think....OUR TENT WILL TAKE A HURRICANE BEFORE IT DECIDES TO START GIVING IN!!!!

QUICKEST PACK UP IN HISTRY today cos we didnt have brekky...had in W'C.....

thought that we'd get away from the wnd but it just followed us everywhere for the next few days!!!!

Lunch at maree and were very tempted to head up the BV track then across to Innamincka and back home that way but we kept going south.....

Got to leigh Creek and the wind was that bad still that you'd never get a tent/camper trailer up so we lived in a cabin for the night....had a shower (first one in 5 days!!!) and did the washing

Kasey wanted to know "WHATS THAT FUNNY BOX MUM" as she pointed to the telly!

Thought i was in for a good night watching MCLEADS DAUGHTERS BUT IT WASNT ON!!!! Stuffed me whole night up hey!!!LOL!!!

Thur 7th spt

Took our time this morning seeing that there was no tent to deal with..

cleaned out the boxes...

As soon as we hit the OOD track dust was getting in everywhere.....litterally....where it hadnt even though of going before it was now there!!!!

Drove to Wilpena Pound today and set up camp at RAWNSLEY PARK STATION.

still very windy and its cold!!!!!!

Fri 8th spt

did the ARKAPENA SCENIC ADVENTURE ($30) - boy was that some fun in the steep country....did an EXPLOROZ plug in the book at the lookout....

So much wildlife out here compared to everywhere else!!! saw a choock with atleast 10 bubs runnin behind him across the road....

still windy still cold this sux!!

Sat 9th spt

left 9am and headed to Broken Hill

Tarred road is longs and boring and really hating it!!!

still horrid weather so we lashed out and got a room behind a pub for the night

plus had chinese for tea

Sun 10ht spt

Decided to stay anothe night so we headed out to SILVERTON fo r the morning....

had morning tea at a little cafe and then headed to the jail there and then the pub for a sticker......

found a little ouse out there for sale - $55,000 for it...old stone shak!!

Nathan got his photo of him and his MD MAX 2 car.....

Went back into town and had lunch at a park,had a lazy arvo and another early night....

Mon 11th spt

Amy woke up early so we got going really early cos she woke Kasey up and we had no tent to do so 8am we were going.....

WHAT A BORING DAY ON THE ROAD PUSHING IT TO DUBBO

the girls were pretty well behaved so it was a good day for travelling!!

Got into Dubbo about 5pm . our gas bottle was outta gas and so had nothing else to cook on so we went to hungry jacks....its amazing how much money you spend on crap when ya near a town!!! we had no choice really though....

Sunsets just arent the same hey!!!

Tuesday 12th spt

ZOO DAY

hired bikes...what a blast!!!

kasey paniced at the BAMBI"S cos one tried to eat Amys hat and she thought it was going to eat her sister!!!

Wed 13 spt

Went to the Jail....well worth the visit...just hard with kids who re whingng all the time and dont wanna be there!!!

did ALL the washing this arvo and Kasey played inthe sprinklers when they turned on...all washing done and dried just has to get put awa at home tomorrow or the next,or the next!!!!

Thur 14th headed home to NOWRA...did the short cut through CROOKWELL and into Goulburn...its s slow run but its so much better than going through sydney!!!

Got home around 4pm......

since getting home....

havent had a good night sleep yet, the girls arent sleeping as well....just waking up really early!!!

only gone into a small part of town once cos there are just toooooo many people . i feel clostraphobic in this town as it is with out having been away for 6 weeks!!!

BRING BACK THE SWAGS!!!!

got the car fixed the other day.....just gotta check the breaks and something lse but i cannt remember its too late...its taken 4 hrs to write this!!!!

I hope this wasnt to much of a boring read for you!!! enjoy the pics too if they work if not ill try it tomorrow when my brain is nt back at th top of the page!!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR IDEA'S AND COMMENTS ON STUFF....ITS ALL bEEN VERY HELPFUL

now for the fuel details i spose some you would like to know about!!!

AVE HWY LPG CONSUMPTION about 22LPH....did no hwy on petrol so cannt help you out there....AVE ULP BUSH CONSUMPTION was anywhere form 13LPH upto 23LPH...the 13LPH was heading to Innamincka where we were hardly revving the car al day just t get there...slow speeds too....

Tib - ULP 159.5cpl
Innamincka - ULP 166.9cpl
Birdsville - ULP 149.0 cpl
Bedourie - ULP 162.9cpl
Boulia - ULP 141.9cpl
Tobermorey station - ULP - 175.0cpl
Alice Springs - LPG 72.0cpl
Hermannsberg - ULP 165.5cpl
Yulara - LPG 79.5cpl
'' - ULP 146.5cpl
Erldunda - LPG 92.0cpl
Mt Dare - ULP 190.0cpl DEAREST WHOLE TRIP
Ood R'House - ULP 171.0cpl
William Creek - ULP 176.9cpl
Maree - ULP 145.9cpl
Rwnsley park Station - ULP 137.0cpl
Peterborough - LPG 66.9cpl
Broken Hill - LPG 59.5cpl
Wilcannia - LPG 95.9Cpl DEAREST WHOLE TRIP

if you want more details on milage just let me know and ive got it written down and ill just tell ya.....

NEXT TRIP: Cape york - Kakadu - Kimberleys....in 2 yrs time for 3-4 months.....not looking fowards to this as much cos i wanna do the simpson or another desert...but ill come around i thknk!!!

GOOD NIGHT AND HAVE A GOODN

http://au.msnusers.com/barneslot

and click pictures on the right then the Big One Holiday....hope it work...these arent all the photos but its just some of them....there are 2 folders - one has 64 photos the other has 12.....

Laura

!MPG:3!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:00

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:00
Good stuff Laura er sorry Diver hahahahaha. Checked out your piccies too. Looks like you guys had a great time. I hope Amy did'nt eat too much of Big Red :)))) You've now got me going through photos of our last trip and wanting to start on a new one LOL
AnswerID: 196075

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (WA) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:21

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:21
Laura or those who have opened pics.
Have copied and pasted the address in my browser but won't open??
What am I doing wrong?
Nightjar
FollowupID: 454311

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:43

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:43
Peter,

You may have copied/pasted a space at the end of the address line

try this

Just click on the albums listed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
FollowupID: 454313

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (WA) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:55

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:55
Thanks Al,
You were right, thanks for the help....
Great pics, what a wonderful land we live in.

Nightjar
FollowupID: 454314

Reply By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 06:55

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 06:55
Just been checking out your story and photo's.Hey good to see the old Double Decker is still there ,makes a good feed storage shed,and you also like me take photo's of bloody signs, I got 100s of signs but one good one is the algebuckina bridge sign and good to see it has not been vandalised, so many good photo's of places i been and seen ,You will have the memories of your trip forever,Good one ,

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 196081

Reply By: Willem - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 08:15

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 08:15
And ya didn't drop in for cuppa...shame on ya...lol
AnswerID: 196086

Follow Up By: Diver1 - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 16:23

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 16:23
wer gonna but didnt know where ya lived amd omternet was not happening for us so we said gday to ya as we left the ampol.......next time....or flinders!!!

Laura
FollowupID: 454332

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 10:50

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 10:50
Hey Laura...

That was fun to read. You sound like you had such a good time and I know exactly what you mean about feeling claustrophobic in town after all those wide open spaces.

It was a pity that we didn't catch up. Looking forward to that somewhere down the track..hopefully in July at Willem's get together.

I thoroughly enjoyed your report and can just picture you taking "a dive"!!!

Best wishes for good health ....

Viv
AnswerID: 196109

Reply By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 11:46

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 11:46
Good read Diver,

Just makes ya wanna do it all over again.....without flies n wind tho'.

Cheers
Michael
AnswerID: 196113

Reply By: Member - Bware (Tweed Valley) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 13:24

Saturday, Sep 23, 2006 at 13:24
Nice one, Diver!
Not boring at all. Thanks for taking the time to write it and post your photos.
Cheers, Brian
AnswerID: 196122

Sponsored Links